Sunday, September 13, 2009

My 22nd Birthday

Had a number of birthday celebration this year because some of my friends would be overseas on my birthday so we had some pre-birthday celebration :)

Ade and juan were the first cos ade was flying to london soon! We had a FANTASTIC dinner. It was more like 7-course fine dining. THUMBS UP for their excellent service. They gave us a private room that was meant for 6 at our request for a private room. And that cheese cake with wordings was complimentary of the restaurant.

We started with no camera because the three of us thought that the rest would bring so apparently, all did not. But, the "manager" of the restaurant LENT US HIS CAMERA and offered to email us the photos after he had uploaded them. DAMN COOL gesture.

They are my favourite. We don't really meet up really frequently cos all of us are always busy with our own stuff but whenever we do meet, we always have endless topics to talk about and outings with them are always meaningful to me.

First up on the dining table was this tree branches look-alike snacks. They are japanese pasta if I remember correctly. It looks more like ornaments than anything edible.

Starters! Foie gras are my fav! with scallop and smoked salmon. Nice =)

Sth to go along with appetizers.

erm.. was this ying-yang ade or juan's creation?

Cold dish. It's our FAVOURITE -- SASHIMI.

Appetisers - Chawanmushi with a small lil piece of truffle which we cut into pathetic 3 little pieces. And what's worse was that the "manager" actually saw us doing that and hence gave us 3 pieces complimentary later on. It was sooo embarassing. Though it was a private room, it has got this window with curtains and I think they could observe what we were doing in the room without us knowing. So we learnt to be more reserved after that.

Another appetiser we ordered was escargot. I never knew that escargots could taste so GOOD.


Soup - we order mushroom soup and crab bisque. The mushroom soup totally rocks. The 3 spoons with that black thing are the Truffles. Juan or Ade said that it's suppose to be some expensive fungi because it is rare. To me, it has a very strong weird taste like some kind of herb.

The crab bisque was so-so. One of my least favourite among all other dishes.

There we got it, our main course. Unagi with rice and grilled beef. I LOVE the BEEF.



The birthday cake was a total surprise to me and I think to the two of them as well. We didn't expect it. The manager was joking with us that he'll be asking the chef to bake a 1kg cake for us and he came in with this shortly after.


Refreshing fruit tea, I like.

This raspberry desert again, is complimentary.

Creme brulee!! It didn't taste as good as the one I had previously at Marina Mandarin hotel.

This tasted as good as it looks.

After dinner, we headed down for some chilling out. Hopefully, they make the best decision with no regrets. I appreciate their accompany very much :)


The second celebration was with my gfs. WE totally ROCK that night and it was really embarrassing for me at sabai. They surprised me with a gift! Something that totally screams me. LOL. I must say that they really know me very well. This is what I mean by buying something meaningful. It is going the extra mile just to find a gift that means something.




I totally love it.




meixian joined us for quite a bit that night at sabai.


I was really feeling quite high that night...

that I totally FORGOT about the pianist. That is crappy.





I GAVE THE FLOWER to the WRONG PERSON. It was meant to be for him but i gave it to the SINGER. So I bought another one to give to him. I totally embarrassed myself.

I wished there was a hole for me to hide myself.


The third one was with the deyi gang. I celebrated my birthday with Zhiwei :) We rocked the dinner. I meant "rock" literally because the boat was really ROCKING. Con was complaining of sea-sick. Ooops sorry.. I didn't expect it to be so serious.

ASLZP gave me Yupi burger gummy!! hahaha... meaningful present okay.

We dined on that ship in the background of this photo.






They said this is my favourite pose whenever I'm high. LOL.


Sabai after that, again.


Thank you peeps. I look forward to more meaningful ones in future. Sometimes I feel that gatherings as large as this seem meaningless. It's partly because of the seating arrangement. We usually only interact with those we're seated with. And those who we're seated with are mostly those whom we always hang out with. So there really weren't many chances for us to catch up with pple whom we seldom see. That is ironic because, wasn't catching up with the rest of the clique the whole purpose of having these sort of big gatherings?

The 4th one was with my bff. I totally hearts her. I don't quite remember when was the last time I received a cute teddy and a HELIUM gas balloon on my birthday. It's been too long that I can't recall any of those like that. IT's ULTRA sweet of her and I totally appreciate it. I can imagine that it's rare for a boyfriend to do that cos i haven't received things like that for a long time. Much less to say, from a friend. SUPER SUPER touched. I love her to bits.






It was monopoly session right after. It's our favourite past-time :) We never get sick of this game.


What was she doing with her hands resting on my mickey's head? Poor Mickey... lol. Oh ya, I got to mention that she bought me those bubble thing that we play when we were kids as one of my many birthday presents from her. lol.

As least expected as it was, the whole thing turned out to be a blast. In my opinion, 22nd birthday is really nothing to look forward to. The people around me seemed to be more enthu about it than I really am. They gave that "hey it's your birthday!" kind of comments and I was like, "oh.. it's just another day." Many made me felt that birthday means, YOU ARE THE QUEEN.


SKINNY ASS becoming skinnier and skinnier. Pass me some of your genes CAN.......