Friday, September 25, 2009

A not-so-ideal Friday morning

It was 9.30a.m. SHIT! I was late for my 8.30 a.m. class! DAMN IT. The worst thing is, I still got to go to school because I needed to hand in my homework for the lesson. CRAP. Wasted $11 on the cab fare and handed in my assignment and went to CIT, to install photoshop. When I stepped in, one of the IT guys asked me what I needed. I said I wanted to install photoshop. And he replied, "the school doesn't provide photoshop for students." Wtf. I brought my laptop along with me which also meant that I had to carry it with me all the way till tonight since I'm meeting the nyp peeps tonight for Con's bday celebration and now, they tell me "no Photoshop". Fine. So I went to have my first meal of the day at 11.30a.m. since Emily's going to be late.

I reached Kopitiam and for the first time in my uni life, I finally decided to register for a SMU Kopitiam card because you get to save as much as 20% on your purchases. I approached the auntie seated at the registration counter and she said "SMU card ar? not so fast eh.. need to wait till next month." Since I've been cardless for 1.5 yrs, what's another month? But it just adds on to the it's-not-my-day mood.

The guy before me in the queue is a staff of Kopitiam. I supposed he's from another stall. He was “把妹” -ing when he made his order. Now I know, nothing stops a flirt from flirting. Not long after I took my seat, six working adults from China sat at the table beside mine. Nothing wrong with them, I know. But what caught my attention was, all six were using chopsticks and spoons regardless of what they were having. One of the ladies were having char siew rice. Imagine, chopsticks, spoons and char siew rice. How to eat? She scooped the rice with her spoon and used the chopsticks to pick up the cucumber and meat. POWER. The other two ladies were having mix veg rice served on a plate. Similarly, they used chopsticks to eat.

What a great influence culture does to humans.

Now I'm sitting in a GSR, with a cup of lychee tea (my favourite drink in school), and waiting for Emily to reach. Maybe I should start my revision right now. Yea, I shall start.