I actually thought about quite a bit just now and I wanted to type them down but I am quite tired so I guess I shall just type whatever comes to mind now.
I have a nasty and insensitive but still relatively good friend in SMU. He is a good help to me because he is always clear of deadlines while I am not. So he complements my shortcoming in that sense by being my classmate for all the modules and all my projects. So I basically see him almost EVERYDAY. However, he can be quite nasty too because I think he has low EQ. Sometimes the things he says really make me feel pissed off with him. But in the good way, he trains my tolerance level. He's really really a hardworking fellow. He was a normal acad student in sec sch. Then he went on to Ngee Ann Poly to do Business IT. And now, he's in SMU. I think that's something to be proud of and I feel he owes a large part of it to hard work. In contrast to him, I find myself an extremely lazy person. I think fast but I act slow. I am not motivated to do well in studies and that explains my horrible GPA. I didn't think I was that lazy till recently, when I was in a conversation with him and this other group mate, he commented that I am a fast learner but I'm also SUPER lazy in terms of school work. I totally agree. I think throughout my entire education, I was at my most hardworking when I was in poly. I used to wake up at 5am to study for my test. Kudos to my discipline. Well, all thanks to my nasty friend for his criticism that I came to realise that it is really time to put in some hard work. It's my wake up call. So for that, I need to really study harder and online lesser.
I was walking to the station just now with two of my choir friends. One of them was asking me if I participate in class. Honestly, I don't or, I seldom. I used to get A all the time for being participative in class in RP. But somehow, I feel a little intimidated by all the smart kids in SMU. I lost the drive to participate in class. I think it's time to find back my confidence and really speak up. Unless I speak up, I will continue to score badly in my GPA. Life sucks but this is life.
To a great extent, I think self-awareness is a very important attribute that all humans should have. I am not born with perfect characteristics, looks, or brain, but at the very least, I know where my flaws are. I have seen people who call others names but they simply don't reflect on themselves. These people should buy themselves mirrors and reflect more.
I think I have grown to become a better person even though I would agree with anyone of my friends that I can still be quite stuck up or opiniated at times. I have learnt to be more conscious about the things I say. Of course, I think it will take some time to change ourselves since we are all so used to being who we are.
I understand that sometimes the things I write on my blog piss my readers off but, why do you still read if you don't like what you read? What incentive do you get from reading my blog? I write for the sake of jotting down the things that are happening in my life, I don't write to please my readers. I used to have a tag board in my blog many years ago but have since removed it after I got spam but "bo liao" people, wasting time spamming my tag with nothing but random alphabets in caps. I dunno whether it was a virus or sth but whatever it is, it irritated me. I don't need my readers' comments because I write for myself. I don't need to please anyone in this world. And I understand that since blogs are accessible to anyone with internet access, I would not say that these readers are intruders of my privacy. Therefore, it makes absolute sense to not put anything that I deem personal or "private" on my blog if I don't want people to intrude my privacy. If any bloggers want to put their personal stuff on the blog, don't blame people for reading because they are the ones who wrote it down for people to see, right? At the end of the thing, it just seems like they're blaming themselves for being stupid enough to have written it on such a public medium.
I think it's time to end this post. I have spent more than 20 mins writing all these down. It's time to revise for my letter writing and I hope to be extremely well-prepared for the comms individual presentation next week. I pray that I will do well for both coming tests... Sigh.
An ending note: I think ladies with skinny calves and legs should not wear black stockings. It looks as if their legs are not strong enough to support their body. They look good enough with bare legs.
Oh ya, please read carefully, I mean SKINNY, not slim. So don't swear at me for making such comments. It is not out of jealousy. It is really not very attractive to be seen with weak legs.