Sunday, January 16, 2011

I haven't blog for quite some time... since my previous post, quite a number of things happened i think..

Christmas 2010 was awesome. We had a pot luck party at juan's place and we played murderer till morning. haha. Then it was new year 2011. We booked a service apt at goodwood park. The room was small but the living room was big enough to contain all of us. And again, we played murderer the entire night. haha. It was crazy...

Year 2010 has been quite a happy year for me. Summer internship was awesome at kelly services. I had a number of great hang outs with friends and beginning to love wine over hard liquor. Overall, it was fruitful.

Year 2011 has just begun. I'm currently waiting to set off to Korea for my overseas exchange. As much as I'm looking forward to exchange, I want to be with my friends and family. I know the choir peeps will come and send me off but I have been telling them not to come. I think sometimes, or most of the times, I fear my emotions. I am too rational to be emotional. I can't tear in front of people because I'll feel like a loser. I'm too proud to let people see the soft side of me. That's who I am, I know. Meanwhile, I'm working at a furniture trade magazine publisher. i really feel like I'm in school. Eecently, I have been tasked to write an article based on an interview. I'm really not sure why my editor assigned that to me. Though i'm supposed to be a junior writer.. but i'm really not studying mass comm nor journalism. Anyhow, I will embrace it and learn as much as possible.

Love used to be simple when we were younger. I remember when I was still in deyi, the relationships that my friends were in and those which i was in, were simple and pure. It was love at its simplest... right now, things have become more complicated. It's becoming more and more similar to what we see in drama. I used to think that those scenarios shown on TV will never happen in reality, but now, they sure do.

I have 2 friends who just broke up with their partner of 6 years. 6 years.. makes a quarter of our lives at this point. maybe they started too early.. I'm not sure. but if you're able to see the same person for 6 years already, what's another few years before you get married? I don't understand because I'm not in their position. Maybe it is really tough.. It's not for me to judge.

As much as i think (i always do) that I'm perfectly fine with an open relationship, lust, hanging out and being close to someone of the opposite sex, and without having much of a commitment to that kind of relationship, I would also find it tough if I were to be caught in that kind of situation. If it was just the two of them in another island, a place where nobody recognises them, things would have been easier. because they don't have to care about how people see them, what they have to say about them. In these situations, it would be easier if they do not have common friends. but if there are common friends, things become much complicated. If it was me, I'ld be perfectly fine with people knowing about it but i detest having to witness the change in expression or the shock i would see in my friends' faces when they come to know about it. It may be a short period before they get used to it. but that short period of time is hard to pass. I might have to answer a whole list of questions. Why would anyone have to put themselves in that kind of awkward situation? If everyone is as open-minded as that party is, nobody will find it strange. On top of all these, since this scenario that I quote is of an open-relationship, nobody should pin hopes on it. It becomes unnecessary to share with friends because we know that there will be no outcome. It has no commitment because we fear withdrawal.