Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Took a cab yesterday with my mum to 505 for breakfast before I headed to town to pass chocolates to JL's friend, Rocher.

As the cab turned into the carpark, somehow I felt a lil panicky. It brought me memories of my past. It was that usual turn into the carpark. I came out of the cab and walked up the stairs to the coffeeshop. As usual, my mum greeted her friends and they greeted us with smiles. It was the familiar kind of atmosphere. All the aunties and uncles asked the same usual question to my mother - is she your daughter? ... I used to have breakfast there every morning when I was young. But I haven't been there for quite some time already. There were a few new stalls and some old ones have new signboards now. After breakfast, I headed to the mrt station. I walked the familiar path to the station. Everything was still the same. Nothing much has changed. It was just that I never realised that the place was actually quite beautiful. I walked up the staircase to the next block. I remembered how much I used to play with my brother and cousin at that area when we were young. I saw my first home. Haa. I spent my first 18 years of my life there before I moved to another flat located few blocks away. The buildings look so short. They look weird but it is still the same actually. It is still 12 storeys high. Nothing changed except for my perception. I remember having people walked me home from the mrt station. I remember the spot where one of the particular "him" stood many years ago while we chat on the phone; that night after my last O' levels paper. Haa. As I walked along the long and seemingly never-ending covered walkway, I saw a sign that says "Access via block 512". 512.. haha. I recalled the times when me, con, ade and juan used to meet our ex (except one) bfs there. Someone said 512 stands for "wo ai ni". haha. As I approached the end of the walkway, I saw the amk park. I never realised that the view could be that nice. I saw flashbacks of me and "him" walking up the stairs. How much have I grown ever since? Heading towards the "tunnel", I remembered that I used to hate that place because I always get stalked by stalkers when I walked home from school in my school uniform. It is also a common spot for those xiao hun hun trying to make friends with school girls.

I think it's always nice to visit places that are familiar to us. I grew up at that area. I spent my first 21 years of life in that estate. It holds so much memories. Memories just flow in my mind as I walked. I seemed to have forgotten so much of what had happened if not for that visit. I didn't spend my growing-up years in vain. They mean so much to me. I try not to be superstitious about stuff but I really think that AMK is more 旺 than Fernvale, at least to me. Luck has not been on my side ever since I moved to my new house. I wonder why. I lost a few friends who used to be important to me. I am on not-very-good terms with one now. And I lost TWO phones within a short span of a month. I dropped one and it got picked up by somebody in the club who did not return it to me. The other one got stolen by a pickpocket. Is it Karma? Juan and Shan would know what I'm talking about. But above all, a consolation is the realization to who my true friends are. Through them, I see what my flaws are. That is, in my opinion, the most that I could have possibly grown in a year.

As much as I look forward to Christmas, I hope 2009 passes quickly. May 2010 be a better year for me.

It had been SO DAMN LONG since i last catch a movie in the afternoon. SO EARLY~ I went to watch my sister's keeper this afternoon with Alp. Had to watch it in the afternoon cos there were no other time slots. I bet 2012 robbed away all the show times. Ha. Was trying hard to not let my tears fall in case my eyeliner or mascara smudge. LOL. It was an awfully touching show. Really nice~ I like the twist! and, Taylor is handsome! haha.

Presenting below are a few photos from the nov babies' celebration. I LOVE 'EM. Look forward to the christmas party! I missed it last year but I will never miss it again.